Make a PaymentPay your city bills online, fast and easy.
Yard of the Month
The Belmond Growth Alliance Yard-Of-The-Month (YOM) program has been established to recognize the efforts of residents within the Belmond-Klemme Community School District, whether they are owners or tenants, who demonstrate a clear and consistent desire to beautify their properties above normal expectations.
The Belmond Growth Alliance would like to give those individuals the recognition they deserve for creating a beautiful well-kept yard. This is a great way to improve the value of your home and make our community a better place to live, work and play.
The Belmond Growth Alliance Pride in Belmond Committee shall administrate the YOM program. The YOM program begins on May 01st and concludes on September 21st, of each calendar year. Nominations are accepted up to the 21st day of each month. Nominations are submitted to the Belmond Growth Alliance (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email, by the deadline, with a photo(s) and why that property should be the Yard-Of-The-Month recipient. The property must be located within the Belmond-Klemme Community School District. Nominations received after the 21st day will be considered for the following month. Recipients will be announced the first week of the June, July, August, September and October.
- The yard must be pleasing to the eye, mowed and trimmed and free of weeds.
- Flowers should appear healthy and in good condition, Wildflowers are acceptable. Bushes and trees should also be well maintained.
- All structures (homes, outbuildings, porches, patios, fences) should be in good repair. House numbers should be displayed attractively.
- There should be no inoperable/nonmoving vehicles in the driveway or yard. The yard should be free of litter, junk and debris.
- Extra consideration may be given to properties with creative use of yard décor (i.e. potted plants, mailbox design, hanging baskets, outdoor artwork).
Recipients will be recognized by the placement of a moving Yard-Of-The-Month sign, receive $50.00 in “Belmond Bucks” and will be recognized in the Belmond Growth Alliance’s newsletter and website.
The program is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Belmond Growth Alliance reserves the right to cancel the program or modify these rules at its discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the winners, the Belmond Growth Alliance reserves the right to award or not award the prizes/honors in its sole discretion. The Belmond Growth Alliance reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; tamper with the competition; violate these rules or other applicable law or regulation; infringe on the rights of third parties; or act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Decisions of the Belmond Growth Alliance are final and binding.